The purpose of this CXTech Week 41 2021 newsletter is to highlight, with commentary, some of the news stories in CXTech this week. What is CXTech? The C stands for Connectivity, Communications, Collaboration, Conversation, Customer; X for Experience because that’s what matters; and Tech because the focus is enablers.
You can sign up here to receive the CXTech News and Analysis by email. Please forward this on if you think someone should join the list. And please let me know any CXTech news I should include.
Covered this week:
- TADHack Global 2021 at the RTC Conference
- TADSummit EMEA Americas Agenda
- Not All Communications APIs are Created Equal: Only 17% of Global CPaaS Users are Working with an Advanced CPaaS Vendor Despite Overwhelming Advantages 🤦🏼♂️
- Route Mobile buys Masivian for $50 million
- Twilio deal drives Syniverse Third Quarter Revenue of $207.9 Million, Up 30% Year-over-Year
- Are MetaCert Pulling out of SMishing protection?
- People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
TADHack Global 2021 at the RTC Conference
At the RTC Conference I presented on the “TADHack Global 2021- The results” in the WebRTC & Real-Time Applications track at 12:45 – 1:10 PM CT on Tuesday, Oct 12.
You can see the slides below. I thanked the sponsors and partners for making TADHack possible. and gave some numbers:
- 1000+ registrations
- Kicked off a new initiative TADHack TEENS in Sri Lanka (150 registrations)
- 3 in-person locations (Berlin, Chicago, and Orlando)
- South Africa achieved a MASSIVE 400 registrations
- Telnyx had an impressive TADHack with 30+ hacks, we haven’t seen those numbers for a sponsor since TADHack was 3-4 times the size of today.
- TADHack Orlando at Valencia College had to double the lunchtime food order.
- Gratifying to see everyone’s delight and relief in finally being able to hack together after an 18 month long break!
- If you’re involved in RTC you should be part of TADHack!
This summary of TADHack Global 2021 contains all the winners, my summary of TADHack for Enterprise Connect 2021, and all the press and weblogs written about TADHack.
The list of sponsors is getting longer, see below, we’ve added Broadvoice and GoContact. Because of people’s availability, and to have the event closer to a sponsor’s product launch we’re pushing the live online sessions out towards the end of Nov. There are few benefits of an online event, at least being flexible on timing is one of them 🙂 The agenda is filling out nicely with many more presentations to add, recent additions include:
- The Challenges and Opportunities of merging UCaaS and CCaaS. João Camarate, CTO Broadvoice and GoContact.
- Is Mobile Identity still an opportunity for telcos? Jesus Cruz Manjavacas, VAS Development Expert at PLAY
- The Labor Shortage Is Rewiring Call Centers. Shai Berger, CEO Fonolo
- A multi sided marketplace platform for telco enabled products, Werner Eriksen, CTO WorkingGroupTwo.
Not All Communications APIs are Created Equal: Only 17% of Global CPaaS Users are Working with an Advanced CPaaS Vendor Despite Overwhelming Advantages 🤦🏼♂️
An awful piece from Forrester Consulting that continues to confirm its best to ignore most analyst reports and magic shapes in programmable communications. They simply do not understand the market and produce awful ‘paid-for’ documents.
Route Mobile, an India-based CPaaS, has acquired Masivian, a startup with operations in Colombia and Peru, for $50 million.
Masivian has a suite of communications and marketing products for enterprises, and “offers multi-channel notification services through SMS, email, as well as voice, across Colombia and Peru.
Masivian was formed in 2016 by merging Estratec (incorporated in May 2003) and Elibom (incorporated in December 2005). It generated revenue of $11.5 million in 2020, growing at a compounded annual rate of 13.3%.
There’s lots of growth potential across LATAM, Africa and Asia in programmable communication. And though Sinch is a heavyweight across many of those markets. There’s loads of opportunity given the growth through customer focus.
Back in CXTech Week 9 2021 we covered Twilio will invest up to $750 million cash in Syniverse and become a significant minority owner of Syniverse. And of course Twilio’s traffic moved off OpenMarket (Infobip) and onto Syniverse. Resulting in the traffic / revenue increase.
Are MetaCert Pulling out of SMishing protection?
This post from Paul Walsh should scare Telcos on how open to attack their customers will remain on SMishing:
People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Tera Hudson is now Director of Lifecycle Marketing at The Mom Project
Celine Brault is now Acquisition Lead SME at KPN. Celine ran TADHack Netherlands for several years.
Justine Clark is now Mentor and Alumni Lead, CDL-Global at Creative Destruction Lab. I’ve known Justin since she ran IdeaLondon, where we would run TADHack and TADSummit.
Tim Skinner is now an Account Manager at BBC Global News. I’ve known Tim since his event days.
Daisuke Tsunoda is now AR Service Development at KDDI Corporation
David Amzallag is now Chief Product Officer and Chief Digital Transformation Officer at BlackSwan Technologies. I’ve known David since his Vodafone / Nokia days.
Marek Jablonski is now Vice President: Engineering and R&D Services at HCL Technologies. I’ve known Jarek for over one decade.