The purpose of this CXTech Week 41 2022 newsletter is to highlight, with commentary, some of the news stories in CXTech this week. What is CXTech? The C stands for Connectivity, Communications, Collaboration, Conversation, Customer; X for Experience because that’s what matters; and Tech because the focus is enablers.
You can sign up here to receive the CXTech News and Analysis by email. Please forward this on if you think someone should join the list. And please let me know any CXTech news I should include.
Covered this week:
- Press Release: Radisys Sponsors TADHack 2022
- Radisys Increases its additional Prize to $10k!
- At TADHack Berlin the best 5G API Hack will win €1,000
- Enterprise Connect unveils its 2023 Program
- Unifonic acquires Sestek
- RingCentral Keynote added to TADSummit and Filipe Returns to Aveiro
- Yesterday (13th Oct) we received our first hack at TADHack
- People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Radisys made a press release yesterday, “Radisys Sponsors TADHack 2022 and Provides Award-Winning Engage Digital Platform for Developer Competition”.
I even got a quote, “TADHack is the largest and longest-running series of global hackathons focused on programmable communications and telecoms,” said Alan Quayle, Founder, TADHack and TADSummit. “Having products like Radisys’ Engage Digital Platform will give the developers access to unique capabilities beyond just basic voice and video calling. I am expecting some great hacks to come out of this year’s event.”
For those not hacking this weekend, see you at Network X at the TADHack Takeover session on the 19th Oct.
This week Radisys increased is additional Prize to $10k, I need to get the total prize pot increased to $25k for TADHack.
As a location sponsor, hubraum’s campus in Berlin will be open on October 15-16th, where Deutsche Telekom‘s 5G APIs will be available to the public for the first time outside of the 5G Early Access Program. The best 5G API Hack will win their prize of €1,000!
At TADHack Global we have 3 free tickets to Enterprise Connect 2023 to give away, checkout TADHack.com to register your interest. It’s great to see in the EC23 program focus on sustainability, diversity, accessibility & inclusion. At TADHack we have a prize dedicated to accessibility & inclusion.
We’re now seeing programmable communications consolidation in the middle East, with Unifonic buying Sestek.
Unifonic was founded in 2006 by Ahmed Hamdan and Hassan Hamdan, Unifonic is a customer engagement platform that enables organisations to help customers with omnichannel experiences. It’s in the Business Messaging provider with direct carrier connection for the Saudi market, so other CPaaS need to use them for Saudi SMS termination. I did a webinar with them back in 2020.
Sestek, founded in 2000 by Levent Arslan, helps organisations increase efficiency, and provide better experiences for their customers by providing them with conversational AI and analytics solutions (chatbot). Sestek will enhance Unifonic’s product portfolio through its omnichannel and AI-powered conversational automation solutions.
RingCentral Keynote added to TADSummit and Filipe Returns to Aveiro
We added the RingCentral keynote to the TADSummit Agenda.
Shifting from Voice to Workflow Management
Filipe Leitão, Global Service Provider Channel SE, RingCentral
- There is an ongoing consolidation of the Cloud Communications market where mainstream providers compete against each other for the same spaces, UCaaS / CCaaS / CPaaS.
- Weapons of choice are the same for everyone: instant messaging, and audio & video conferencing. Most capabilities provided by mainstream UC providers are table stakes.
- Find out how RingCentral is looking at UC from more than just a siloed perspective by going one step further and co-innovating with Service and Technology Providers to become a workflow management platform.
And what’s really nice is Filipe is visiting Aveiro where is career began with Altice Labs.
We have not only an amazing line-up of speakers at TADSummit, but also attendees. I’ll share more next week after things calm down from TADHack.
It’s a showcase, they’re not in the running for a prize. Its to show what Bookline has build on Jambonz and help grow their partner network. Check them out.
People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Sebastian Kiely is now EVP Network Operations at Sangoma
Santosh Shingare is now Full Stack Engineer SDE III at PayPal