The purpose of this CXTech Week 38 2021 newsletter is to highlight, with commentary, some of the news stories in CXTech this week. What is CXTech? The C stands for Connectivity, Communications, Collaboration, Conversation, Customer; X for Experience because that’s what matters; and Tech because the focus is enablers.
You can sign up here to receive the CXTech News and Analysis by email. Please forward this on if you think someone should join the list. And please let me know any CXTech news I should include.
Covered this week:
- TADHack Global is this Weekend
- Real Time Communications Conference & Expo at Illinois Tech
- Sinch buys MessengerPeople
- Interesting IEEE SPectrum Article: 5G’s “Killer App” Will Be 6G
- People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
TADHack Global is this Weekend (25-26 Sept)
Across all TADHack locations, and including TADHACK TEENS in Sri Lanka, we’re over 1000 registrations. Given we’re still in the midst of a prolonged pandemic, this is amazing. TADHack South Africa is massive! Approach 400 registrations! Well done to the Ayoba and MTN teams.
Here are a few useful links:
- You can still register for a TADHack location or global remote here.
- Sign up to the Global Sponsors’ Resources here.
- We’ll be live streaming from multiple locations, keep an eye on the TADHack YouTube channel over the weekend.
- Catch up with the action on Twitter @TADHack and Linkedin #TADHack. We’re not on Facebook, it’s bad for your and your community’s mental health.
- We’ll record a summary of TADHack Global for Enterprise Connect 2021, which should be available on Tuesday 28th Sept. They decided last week to be fully virtual, so the links and schedule are being updated.
- On the Monday we’ll have the summary of the event on the TADHack Weblog. So you can read about all the winners and fun had. And from that post I’ll link to all the other coverage of TADHack in the coming weeks.
I’ll be speaking at the RTC Conference next month, https://www.rtc-conference.com/2021/, on “TADHack Global 2021- The results” in the WebRTC & Real-Time Applications track at 12:45 – 1:10 PM CT on Tuesday, Oct 12.
You can see all Conference Speakers (https://www.rtc-conference.com/2021/conference-speakers/) and the Conference Schedule (https://www.rtc-conference.com/2021/conference-schedule-listings/).
This session will be similar to the Enterprise Connect presentation, with pitches from each global sponsor.
MessengerPeople, founded in Germany in 2015, is a cloud-based platform that lets brands around the world reach their end users on their preferred channels – whether that’s WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Apple Business Chat, Telegram, Viber, etc. Check out the full list here.
Interesting IEEE SPectrum Article: 5G’s “Killer App” Will Be 6G
Ignoring the hype about the “speed of the human brain”, which let’s face it is a bit slow. We can only understand about 125 words per minute, the baud rate for that is quite low compared to the Gbps and Tbps discussed in the article and its references.
What is interesting is their results on the massive-MIMO, will shift base station antennas from having 2-by-2 antenna elements to 16-by-16 arrays and eventually 64-by-64 arrays and beyond, greatly multiplying a single base station’s capacity.
Carriers around the world are already deploying massive-MIMO in mid-band spectrum using time-division duplexing (which simply means that the signals between a base station and user share the exact same frequency but are spaced out in time so as to not collide with one another).
The technology will find its way into millimeter wave and sub-terahertz wireless systems in the coming years. 5G will sort of compete with fixed broadband for a niche of customers, like 4G did. But 6G could really give fixed broadband a run for its money across the majority of the market in urban and suburban locations. Rural will likely still require fiber.
People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Peter Mollins is now Senior Vice President Marketing at Spreedly
Adrian Kiener is now Partner at BIAAS Solutions AG
Michael O’Brien is now Marketing Manager at Beechfield Healthcare Ltd