The purpose of this CXTech Week 35 2021 newsletter is to highlight, with commentary, some of the news stories in CXTech this week. What is CXTech? The C stands for Connectivity, Communications, Collaboration, Conversation, Customer; X for Experience because that’s what matters; and Tech because the focus is enablers.
You can sign up here to receive the CXTech News and Analysis by email. Please forward this on if you think someone should join the list. And please let me know any CXTech news I should include.
Covered this week:
- OpenSIPS Summit, 6-10 September
- TADHack Sri Lanka registration closing on Friday 3rd Sept
- Free Virtual Access to Enterprise Connect
- Zoom’s Q2 Results create a Happy-Sad Event with 15% Drop in Stock Price
- People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
On Tuesday 7th Sept I’ll be presenting at 15:00 GMT/CET “Open Source Telecom Survey 2021 Results & Discussion.”
This is our 3rd year of the open source telecom survey. We received 114 responses to the general survey, +163 project survey responses giving a total of 277 received. The general survey covered: Security, Serverless, STIR/SHAKEN, barriers and benefits of OSS, telcos and OSS, Training, IoT, and general geographic / category info.
On Friday 10th at 5:30 GMT / CET, I’ll be part of the panel discussion, “The symbiotic relation between an OSS Project and its community.” A discussion panel, moderated by David Duffet, doing a dissection on what is and what should be the natural relation between an Open Source project and its community. The participants are Alan Quayle (an Open Source advocate), Dan-Cristian Bogos (from CGRateS project), Razvan Crainea (from OpenSIPS project), Lorenzo Miniero (from Janus project).
With over 250 registrations for TADHack Sri Lanka, and that’s not including TADHACK TEENS, which could exceed that number. We’re planning on closing TADHack Sri Lanka registrations by Friday 3th Sept. Wel have a great line-up of global sponsors:
- Symbl.ai, conversation intelligence, understand voice, video and text conversations. Beyond speech to text, generate summaries, action items, sentiment, and lots more.
- Jambonz, open source voice and SMS platform using Webhooks and REST APIs. Their client SDKs include a Node.js SDK as well as Node-RED plugins.
- Subspace, a dedicated, secure network for delivering real time applications. Make your communications app work the best possible everywhere.
- AWA Network – more coming soon. It will be easy to use and disruptive.
- Telnyx, communications across: voice, SMS, verify (easy two factor authentication), phone numbers, fax, IoT, identity, WebRTC, and much more.
Everyone at TADHack Global gets free virtual access to Enterprise Connect 2021.
TADHack winners will present at Enterprise Connect on Monday 27th Sept.
Those attending TADHack Orlando get free in-person access to Enterprise Connect (a $2k value). I’ll share those details at the TADHack Orlando.
It happened later than I thought, because of the prolonged pandemic. However, people now believe the end of the pandemic is nigh, and as a result we’ll be Zooming less. The outlook from Zoom was reasonable, but in true stock market fashion their reaction was a little melodramatic with a 16% drop. Then Cathie Wood of ARK Invest snapped up 200,000 shares ($57M) of Zoom.
People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Helen Dean is now Vice President Applications & Integrated Marketing JAPAC at Oracle.
Antti Koskela is now Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer at F-Secure Corporation. I’ve known Antti since his time at Comptel.
Colin Millar is now MTN Chenosis Chief of Staff/Head of Sales at MTN.
Milorad Jokanovic is now Manager for Converged Services Development at Telekom Srbija.
Alain Bieuzent is now Directeur des opérations at Manifone.
Waddy Wong is now Global Messaging Operations Manager at Vonage.
Laurent Boucher is now Senior Vice President Orange Innovation Networks at Orange. I’ve known Laurent since he worked with AT&T an APIs.
Alexander Schamne is now Chief Technology Officer at apiable.io.
Allan Smeyatsky is now Senior Director at Searce Inc.