The purpose of this CXTech Week 31 2021 newsletter is to highlight, with commentary, some of the news stories in CXTech this week. What is CXTech? The C stands for Connectivity, Communications, Collaboration, Conversation, Customer; X for Experience because that’s what matters; and Tech because the focus is enablers.
You can sign up here to receive the CXTech News and Analysis by email. Please forward this on if you think someone should join the list. And please let me know any CXTech news I should include.
Covered this week:
- Congratulations to SureVoIP, bought by TelcoSwitch
- Announcing The Last TADHack Global 2021 Sponsor: Telnyx
- People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Congratulations to Gavin Henry, Founder & MD of SureVoIP + TADSummit regular presenter, and all his team. This is TelcoSwitch’s third acquisition this year. In CXTech Week 15 2021 we covered their buy of PBX Hosting. In CXTech Week 4 2021 we covered their acquisition of OneVoice. And in CXTech Week 1 2021 we covered their raise of 4M GBP. BTW they bought Ziron in 2020, another TADHack and TADSummit regular.
We have an amazing line-up of sponsors for TADHack this year, including:
- Symbl.ai, conversation intelligence, understand voice, video and text conversations. Beyond speech to text, generate summaries, action items, sentiment, and lots more.
- Jambonz, open source voice and SMS platform using Webhooks and REST APIs. Their client SDKs include a Node.js SDK as well as Node-RED plugins.
- Subspace, a dedicated, secure network for delivering real time applications. Make your communications app work the best possible everywhere.
- AWA Network – more coming soon. It will be easy to use and disruptive.
- Telnyx, communications across: voice, SMS, verify (easy two factor authentication), phone numbers, fax, IoT, identity, WebRTC, and much more.
I’m excited about TADHack Sri Lanka’s plans. Impressive wali kukula (jungle fowl) theme see below, thank you hSenid Mobile and IdeaMart teams.
They are engaging the amazing talent across Sri Lanka, and this year a special theme focused on schools (more coming soon).
TADHack is for everyone in Sri Lanka!
People, Gossip, and Frivolous Stuff
Jan De Groote is now Technology Engineer at Atlas Copco. We worked together on GPON nearly 25 years ago.
Jeannie Ong is now Chief Investor Relations Officer at MyRepublic. I’ve known Jeannie through most of her time at Starhub.
Nigel Back is now Senior Vice President Commercial Product Management at Totogi. Nigel and I go back 30+ years, all the way to BT Labs at Martlesham Heath.
Gavin Henry is now Chief Information Officer at TelcoSwitch. SureVoIP just got bought by TelcoSwitch.
Naresh Chouhan is now Vice President Marketing at IriusRisk. Naresh and I go back 20 years to his time at Orange, with presence APIs. Did I mention I tend to be very early to market 😉
Charles Molapisi has an additional position as Non Executive Director at MTN Nigeria. We first met at MTN Nigeria. I remember running a workshop in the basement of a hotel in Lagos with Charles. The lights went out and everyone carried on regardless in the pitch black. I had to interject, that at home when this happens something bad is about to happen.
Jonathan Hopper is now for Chief Technology Officer at Airangel. I’ve known Jonathan since his time at HTK.
Akhil Gokul is now Vice President, Product Management at JMA Wireless.