TADS (Telecom Application Developer Summit) is an independent grassroots initiative to raise the profile of telecom application developers with the resources to support them, and create a sustainable and profitable telecom application ecosystem.
One of the requests from people who could not make it to the TADSummit last year was to help organize local events as travel budgets are very tight. We’ve seen WebRTC Meetups prove popular, for example the last WebRTC Meetup in Paris had over 200 people. And they’ve also started a TADMeetup Paris.
TADMeetup is a chance for telecom application developers in a region to discover the latest ways to add communications to your application, services and business processes; listen to expert speakers from around the world; see amazing new technologies; and meet the international community of developers innovating in communications.
We’re organizing local meetups wherever there’s a group of people interested in telecom app development. Currently we have 3 locations: Austin, Paris, and NJ. I know NJ as a location sounds a bit funny but AT&T, Verizon, Tata communications, Cisco, Huawei, Dialogic, Vonage, ALU, NSN and even the TMF all have sizeable offices in NJ.
It has never been a more exciting time to add communication into your application, services and business processes with the explosion of telecoms tools and technologies. Some of the topic areas we’ll discuss include:
- Telecom APIs (including any IP based communication services; video communications; rich communications services; the good old PSTN);
- WebRTC (Web Real Time Communications) that extends communication services to any web-connected device;
- CRBT (Call Ring Back Tone) APIs opening up new possibilities simply through the act of calling;
- In-Call services, that is new services within the call made possible through IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem);
- SMS/USSD applications for developing markets and e-inclusion such as mobile payments, banking, e-commerce, bitcoin for emerging markets;
- Converged applications, e.g. taking the idea of Amazon Mayday and embedding customer experience management everywhere;
- In-network services, including NFV (Network Function Virtualization) and SDN (Software Defined Networks);
- Business vertical focused applications in healthcare, automotive, government, entertainment, financial, customer care, etc.
- Mash-ups across themes, really anywhere you think telecoms can make life better.
For the TADMeetup NJ we’re planning to meet between 6-8PM, on the 27th March with a suggested agenda of:
- MWC Review – people who attended Mobile World Congress share their insights
- TADHack update – sharing the latest developments on TADHack 6-7 June in Madrid and the World!
- WebRTC (Web Rich Communications) panel – cutting through the hype, what does it really mean and when will it really be ready?
- And of course lots of networking
The meeting location, pizza and soft drinks are provided by Dialogic, so a big thank you to Jim Machi and Chad Hart for their support with the first TADMeetup NJ.