On the 30th October I gave a webinar entitled “Telco adoption of Web 2.0 principles and open innovation for rapid application development.” The presentation is shown below:
The webinar was also recorded, and is available here.
The purpose of article is to act as a follow-on discussion forum, so please add comments, questions you were unable to ask in the webinar, or points you think should be raised.
In the presentation I identified a number of critical issues.
- Operators must implement processes to ensure ADC (Application Development Community) is used by the operator and not repeat the mistakes of the past; and
- Reverse developer skepticism by listening, implementing what they need, and show the ADC working.
- Application developers will not pay for capabilities exposed, e.g. location;
- Customer access is critical;
- REST and in some cases SOAP/XML are the preferred APIs;
- Full testbed is essential to the ADC; and
- Copy Apple’s App Store, just copy better.
What’s missing in the above list from an application developer’s perspective?
Can operators meet these requirements?
What are the critical remaining gaps in enabling operators and application developers to work together?